Deer Hill Expeditions
For over 25 years, we have been providing exciting adventure summer camp programs for teenagers, combining wilderness adventure with the opportunity to work with native peoples on service projects that honor their traditional lifeways, or on conservation projects that preserve the beauty of the American West.
Our adventure summer camps provide:
- Amazing expedition experiences for every teen, experienced or not
- Community service that is meaningful and truly cross-cultural
- Small group size, close in age, for powerful team dynamics
- Incredible personal growth opportunities
- Thoughtful, individual and relevant leadership training
- Environmental awareness and nature studies
- Experienced and inspirational leaders – average age in 2009 was 28
- 1:4 staff-to-participant ratio
- Unrivalled programming area knowledge and safety record
Over 25 years of inspiring journeys
At Deer Hill, we are currently entering our 26th year of powerful wilderness and service journeys for teenagers. That’s 26 years of fun and learning, hundreds of groups, thousands of river miles run, thousands of miles of trail hiked or biked, hundreds of summits climbed, thousands of friendships forged, many vital service projects completed, a million preconceptions about Native peoples shattered, and around about one billion smiles. More than this, we know that 25 years means countless moments of personal triumph and transformation, when a young person realizes what they are truly capable of. It feels good.
Our Backyard: The American Southwest
Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah
From our 130-acre Basecamp, located between the Colorado Rocky Mountains and the canyons and mesas of the Colorado Plateau, we guide you to some of the best landscapes in North America. Sweeping mountain vistas bursting with wildflowers, cool redrock canyons far from civilization, rivers swollen with melted snow and lined with cottonwood trees. Depending upon the Expedition, your adventure summer camp may take you to wild lands in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and/or Utah. Because of our location and knowing these landscapes so intimately, we can plan our programs with what we call “flow”. Good flow maximizes the time you spend tuning into the wilderness, not tuning out on the tour bus.
- Street: PO Box 180
- City: Mancos
- State: CO
- Postcode: 83128
- Country: United States
- Telephone: 800.533.7221