There are many travel options out there. We know that you want to provide the most genuine and educational experience for your students. We know that you want a program that is safe and affordable. We know you'll be completely satisfied with Global Explorers. Here's why:
- We are a Mission-Driven Nonprofit Organization. GEx is unlike most other major travel companies. Among other things, this means that:
- Education is always our guiding principle. Read about our Core Disciplines for details.
- We give back to the communities we visit through service, cross-cultural exchange activities, and financial and technical support.
- We will never cut corners or sacrifice quality for financial gain.
- We are committed to helping students of all abilities and backgrounds experience the natural wonders and cultural diversity of our world.
- We can receive grants and donations to support and offset the costs of our programs. Your group can receive tax-deductible donations from your community to help contribute to your program fees.
- Every staff member, volunteer, guide and/or scientists that we work with cares deeply about our mission and shares our dedication to positively changing the entire student travel industry.
- We live our values.
- We offer the most comprehensive educational travel experience available.
This is no ordinary student travel experience. No other travel organization requires extensive educational preparation prior to travel as well as a follow-up service leadership project after travel. Our interdisciplinary preparatory curriculum prepares students for travel with lessons on leadership, service, science and culture -- all with an eye towards responsible global citizenship. This nationally recognized program content, developed in partnership with experts and input from such organizations as the Peace Corps, the Jane Goodall Institute, the Center for Creative Leadership and the World Wildlife Fund, comes alive through hands-on activities while traveling. A service project in country helps students discover the impact they can have in the world. Science transforms from abstract classroom lesson to concrete experience when the students practice ethnobotany in the Amazon or conservation biology on the plains of Africa. After traveling, the group comes together to coordinate a follow-up leadership project, exercising the skills acquired during travel in service of their own community. Our exceptional programs have been featured on ABC Nightline, ABC World News Tonight, The Travel Channel and CBS Sunday Morning.
- We support you every step of the way.
When you join Global Explorers, you join our family. Travel connects people through experience and we look forward to getting to know you personally. We strive to understand your unique needs, challenges, hopes and aspirations. From the moment you sign up, we'll help you with everything from fundraising and packing lists to curricular questions and follow-up service. We provide you, your students and their families with user-friendly print materials and online information specific to your Global Explorers Program. Our goal is to make every step of the process as easy, warm and welcoming as possible. We're sure you will agree that our staff , field workshop coordinators, guides and instructors are simply incredible!
- Street: 420 S. Howes, Suite B300
- City: Fort Collins
- State: CO
- Postcode: 80521
- Country: United States
- Telephone: (877) 627-1425